Welcome to PTU CET 2013 section. Here you will find PTU CET 2013 Entrance Exam, Date, Syllabus, Notification, Pattern of Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test 2013.
The Punjab Technical University Jalandhar conducts Combined Entrance Test for admission to Engineering & Technology courses in the colleges affiliated to the following Universities. Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjabi University, Patiala.
PTU CET 2013 Eligibility:-
For B.Tech:- Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with physics and Maths as the main subjects and any of chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer science as optional subject can apply for B.Tech.
Those who have passed Diploma in Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or Diploma/ Certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal or such Examinations form any other recognized State Board of Technical Education are also eligible for PTUCET examination.
Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with not less than 50% marks with mathematics and English as subjects of Examination are eligible to apply for Architecture Course.
3 year Diploma holders with at least 50% marks will be eligible for the admission to 1st year of a 5-year B.Arch. course subject to an aptitude test.
For B. Pharm:-
To get admission for B. Pharm, the candidate must possess a qualification equivalent to 10+2 with physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects along with any of mathematics, Bio-Technology, Computer Science as the optional subjects or 3 year diploma in pharmacy from an institute affiliated to Punjab Technical Education and Industrial Training with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
For Lateral Entry:-
Admission to different universities shall be governed by their respective eligibility criteria from any other University. 15% seats in each college. Students who are applying under this category need not to take CET. However, they must fill up the CET admission application form of PTU and submit application before the due date.
PTU CET 2013 Date / Notification:-
PTU CET 2013 is generally held in Month of May
PTU CET 2013 Exam Pattern:-
This is a written test of three parts.
- Part I comprises Physics
- Part II comprises Mathematics
- Part III consists of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer science.
Medium of examination is English.
There is no negative marking in the test.
PTU CET 2013 Syllabus:-
PTU CET Mathematics Syllabus:-
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Coordinate geometry
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
PTU CET Physics Syllabus:-
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
PTU CET Chemistry Syllabus:-
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P - block elements: group - 13 to group 18 elements
- D - and f - block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Bio molecules
- Chemistry in everyday life.