Here you will find List of PhD Scholarships 2013 in India and Fellowships.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies is awared to
- Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India: and
- Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
A candidate can apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Indian History & Civilisation
- Studies on Jawaharlal Nehru
Eligibility:-At the time of submission of the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a first class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized university/ institution in India.
- Should have not applied for scholarship.
- Should be not more than 35 years of age.
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
- Have valid GATE/NET score.
Duration of scholarship:- Upto 2 years.
An advertisement is released towards the end of March and completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011 during April and May.
The following documents need to be attached with the application form:
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages of 1.5 spaced text.
- University Doctoral Moni toring Committee’s report or Supervisor/Guide’s report.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft/Deposit Slip as the case may be, for Rs.100.
NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship
Students possessing Master's degree in mathematics, physics or statistics and wishing to take up research work in any branch of mathematics (including mathematical statistics and mathematical physics) leading to a Ph.D. degree are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. scholarships awarded by NBHM. The selection of the scholars is based on academic records and the result of a Selection Test/Interview by a selection committee constituted by NBHM. Applications are invited through advertisements in leading national newspapers normally during the month of November every year.
At present the Ph. D. scholarship consists of the following:
- Stipend at Rs. 8,000/- p.m. during the first two years. At the end of two years, a committee constituted by NBHM assesses the work done by the research scholar. If the work is found satisfactory the stipend may be enhanced to Rs. 9,000/-p.m.
- Contingency grant of upto Rs. 5,000/- per year.
- If the scholar is not provided hostel/subsidized accommodation by the institution, House Rent Allowance (HRA) will be paid as per Government on the basis of a certificate from the institution and a receipt about the actual rent being paid by the scholar.
The Contingency grant can be utilised for the following:
- Purchase of stationery and books. Books purchased by the scholar, from the contingency grant are allowed to be retained by him/her.
- Library work.
- Travel inside the country for attending conference/lectures etc.
- Towards payment for computer time.
- Any other purpose specifically authorized by this department
Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research 2013
Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme is awarded to candidates pursuing research in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine.
The fellowship is jointly implemented by SERB & Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Only those who have already registered for PhD in 2012 in any recognized university or institution or research laboratory will be eligible to apply
- The registered PhD Fellows should have already identified a broad area of research which has practical relevance and industrial application
- They should also have identified an industry partner who is willing to sponsor their research
- The candidate and the proposed research topic should qualify on criteria of excellence and relevance
- The candidate should have proven outstanding track record
- The candidate should be willing to work in / with industry on specific projects
- Amount and duration of fellowship
- 100 Fellowships will be awarded every year, starting from 2012.
Duration of Fellowships will be four years.
Fellowship Amount will be approximately Rs 6 lakh per annum (government scholarship of approximately Rs 3 lakh per annum being equivalent to the prevailing norms for JRF / SRF. Sponsoring industry will match government scholarship)
If selected to receive the Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research, the candidate will cease to receive any other scholarship which he / she may be receiving at present.
ICSSR Doctoral Research Fellowships 2013
The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) under its Research Fellowships programme awards doctoral fellowships to social science scholars for conducting research on specific themes and issues proposed by the applicants. Fellowships are awarded for conducting studies that have the potential to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in the disciplines, generate field-work based empirical work and new data, and are policy relevant. The studies could be both, macro or micro in nature. The broad disciplines of study, within the domain of social sciences, are:
- Sociology and Social Anthropology;
- Political Science/Pub. Admn. and allied subjects;
- Economics and allied subjects;
- International Studies;
- Social Geography and Population Studies;
- Commerce and Management;
- Social Psychology and allied subjects;
- Education and allied subjects;
- Social Linguistics/Socio-Cultural and allied subjects;
- Law, International Law and allied subjects;
- National Security & Strategic Studies
Candidates who hold a Master’s degree of a recognized university in any social science subject with a minimum of second class with 55% marks.
Relaxation of 5% marks/ corresponding grades will be made for SC/ST candidates.
Candidates should preferably not be more than 35 years (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST) as on the last date for the receipt of the completed applications in the Council.
For teachers and professional staff of research institutes holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years
For award of doctoral fellowship, preference will be given to those already registered for PhD. Candidates who cleared NET will also be considered on priority.
For short-term doctoral fellowship, scholars having completed two years of their Ph.D. registration and not in receipt of any assistance from any other source or in receipt of a small fellowship from other agencies are eligible to apply.
For contingency grant for completing PhD, doctoral scholars in social sciences, not in receipt of any assistance, are eligible to apply to meet the expenses relating to fieldwork, computer analysis, printing of questionnaires, cartographic work and purchase of books and journals, etc for submission of the thesis.
No candidate will be considered for award of grant under this scheme prior to the laps of at least 3 years after completing/ availing of previous grant under this scheme.
Defaulters of any previous grant of ICSSR under any scheme will not be eligible for consideration until obtaining the clearance of the relevant administrative division of the ICSSR.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship
The objective of the Fellowship is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D.
- A candidate has to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for award of this fellowship
- He/she should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- He/she should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at pre-M.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at post graduate level.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowships for PHD
Applications are invited for the award of 10 NCERT Doctoral Fellowships in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education. The fellowships are intended for young aspirants to pursue doctoral work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. Young scholars from different disciplinary perspectives will be encouraged to research the field of education.
Fellowships will be given for research in the priority areas emerging from the concerns expressed in National Curriculum Framework 2005. Broadly, these areas are as follows: (1) Education of the Disadvantaged, (2) Classroom processes and practices, (3) Curricular areas, (4) Education for peace, and (5) Psycho-social development of children. Eligibility: 1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master's degree level. 2. Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receiving their application. 3. Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply.
Application should be made in the prescribed format, which along with the information brochure, can be downloaded from the NCERT website: www.ncert.nic.in or can be obtained by post. Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1,500 words on the theme of the proposed research, which should contain statements about (a) rationale and objectives of the study, (b) conceptual framework, (c) proposed methodology, and (d) potential contribution of the study.
Proposals involving fresh ideas and innovative methodology related to school education in the country will be given preference.
Selection Procedure:-Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be required to appear for a Seminar-cum- interview. Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the Seminar-cum-lnterview. The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be available to the candidates belonging to different categories.
Fellowship Amount: NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs. 10,000/- per month for a maximum period of three years. They will receive a contingency grant not exceeding Rs. 10000/- per annum during this period. The fellowship will commence from the date of registration for Ph.D. or award by NCERT, whichever is later, and will terminate at the end of three years from the award or with the submission of the thesis, whichever is earlier.
Completed applications should reach The Head, Department of Educational Research Policy Perspectives (DERPP) at the below given address latest by 16 February 2009. For details, visit the NCERT website: www.ncert.nic.in (see the linkANNOUNCEMENTS).
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi-110 016.
IITB-Phd Scholarships for Indian students
The IITB-Monash Research Academy, based in Mumbai, India is an exciting partnership between the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) and Monash University [ Indian Australian Research Partnership ]. The selected candidate have to work in australia with project supervisor. No student tution fee. You can apply for IITB Monash research scholarship with their mumbai address.
Scholarship for IITB-Monash PhD program
Students in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will benefit from the following funding arrangements:
- Rs 224,000 per annum scholarship (approximately A$6,250).
- A grant of up to A$8,000 for the time you will be required to be in Australia.
- A minimum of three months in Australia working with your Monash co-supervisor (some projects may require you to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip).
- Waiver of international student tuition fees at Monash University.
NOTE: The above represent a typical scholarship. The actual scholarships that will be provided to a specific student will depend on their qualifications, grades and performance.
- Phd Research on Advanced computational engineering, simulation and manufacture
- Phd Research on Infrastructure engineering
- Phd Research on Clean energy
- Phd Research on Water
- Phd Research on Nanotechnology
- Phd Research on Biotechnology and stem cell research
Contact Scholarship for IITB-Monash PhD program
IITB-Monash Research Academy IITB, Powai
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan For Indian Students
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan:- Around 300 general scholarships are offered annually. Awards may vary in length from one to three years, and normally cover the cost of travel, tuition fees and living expenses. There are additional allowances for books and study travel, and in some cases warm clothing. Allowances may also be paid towards the cost of an accompanying spouse and/or children.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Scholarships:- Candidates should normally be Commonwealth citizens or British protected persons resident in a Commonwealth country other than the UK, who have graduated with a first degree (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent qualification with at least upper second-class Honours, or a Master's degree.
Application Procedure for Commonwealth Scholarships:- Applications should be made to the Commonwealth Scholarship Agency (usually the Ministry of Education) in the applicant's home country. Agency addresses are listed in the Commonwealth Universities Yearbook. Nominations must be received by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in London.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
The Association of Commonwealth Universities
20-24 Tavistock Square
Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarships for PHD in Science Education
Eligibility Criteria for the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarships:-
Recent M.Sc.'s ( or those in their fianl year ) in any of the physical / chemical / biological / earth siences or mathematics / statistics / computer science, with a consistently good academic record are eligible to apply. Research scholars are offered a fixed monthly scholarship of Rs.8,000/- ( enhanced to Rs.9500/- after registration for Ph.D ) and an annual contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- in addition to a tution grant of Rs.4000/- per annum, which will cover the university fees of TIFR.
Students admitted to NISER will receive a scholarship of Rs.3000 per month and a suitable book grant. Those performing exceedingly well in M. Sc. may have a chance to be absorbed in Research and Development units and autonomous research institutions of the Department of Atomic Energy.
Admissions are for a year, renewable annually for up to 5 years. Accommodation on campus may be provided at nominal cost.
Applications for the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarships should be sent to:
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education,
TIFR, V.N.Purav Marg,
Mumbai - 400 088
Phones : + 091- 022 255580036 + 091- 022- 25567711
Enclosing a 25.5cm X 15.5cm self-addressed envelope affixed with stamps for Rs.10/- superscribed as "Research Scholarship 2006 in Science Education". Completed forms should be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs.300/- ( non-refundable application fee) payable at Mumbai in favour of Homi Bhabha Centre for science Education
Only candidates with consistently good academic record will be eligible for test / interview.