Welcome to PhD in AIIMS Section. Here you will find PhD in AIIMS Admission 2013, Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure.
Ph.D Admission in AIIMS is subject to availability of research/ funds/fellowship/grant from recognised funding agencies.
Duration:- 3-5 Yrs.
Ph.D. Programme – January, 2015 Session
Entrance Examination - 17th January, 2015 (Saturday)
Result (to be declared) - 20th January, 2015 (Tuesday)
Departmental Assessment - 23rd January, 2015 (Friday)
Final Result Notification - 27th January, 2015 (Tuesday)
Ph.D. Programme – July, 2015 Session
Entrance Examination - 18th July, 2015 (Saturday)
Result (to be declared) - 21st July, 2015 (Tuesday)
Departmental Assessment - 24th July, 2015 (Friday)
Final Result Notification - 27th July, 2015 (Monday)
Ph.D. Programme – January, 2016 Session
Entrance Examination - 16th January, 2016 (Saturday)
Result (to be declared) - 19th January, 2016 (Tuesday)
Departmental Assessment - 22nd January, 2016 (Friday)
Final Result Notification - 25th January, 2016 (Monday)
AIIMS offers PhD Programe in following Discipline:-
- Anatomy : 4 Seats
- Biochemistry: 4 Seats
- Biophysics : 5 Seats
- Biotechnology: 3 Seats
- Cardiac Biochemistry: 1 Seat
- Dermatology & Venerology: 1 Seat
- Endocrinology: 2 Seats
- Forensic Medicine: 1* Seat
- Gastroenterology & HNU: 3 Seats
- Hematology: 3 Seats
- Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics: 3 Seats
- Lab. Medicine: 3 Seats
- Medicine: 1 Seat
- Medical Oncology: 1 Seat
- Medical Physics (IRCH) : 3 Seats
- Microbiology: 3 Seats
- Neurology: 3 Seats
- Nephrology: 1 Seat
- Neurosurgery: 1 Seat
- NMR: 1 Seat
- Nuclear Medicine: 2 Seats
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: 2 Seats
- Pathology: 1 Seat
- Peadiatrics: 3 Seats
- Peadiatrics Surgery: 1 Seat
- Pharmacology: 6 Seats
- Physiology: 4 Seats
- Psychiatric (Addiction Psychiatry): 1 Seat
- Occular Pathology Dr. R.P. Centre: 2 Seats
- Ophthalmology Dr. R.P. Centre: 1 Seat
- Reproductive Biology: 1 Seat
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications from a recognized university/institute:
- A degree of Master of Sciences or Master's degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Master's Degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or Diplomat of the National Board of Examinations.
- MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:-
The duration of the course will be the time period from registration to submission of thesis.The minimum period of registration in respect of all the candidates who are registered for Ph. D. shall be three years. The maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years.
METHOD OF SELECTION:-
Selection for Ph.D. registration will be made through 2-stage performance evaluation as under:
Stage I:- Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs. Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark. More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
Stage II:- Out of the candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks) on the fourth day.