Welcome to PhD in BITS Pilani Section. Here you will find BITS Pilani Admission 2013-14, Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure.
BITS Pilani has epitomised merit based technical education. This has been the sole reason for its meteoric rise as one of the finest institutes in the country.
BITS Pilani Ph.D. programme is structured on the basis of a preferred input of those who have completed one of the Institute's higher degrees.
The instititue offers a Doctorate in Philosophy in the following areas of research
- Biological Sciences: Environmental Biotechnology, Microbial Biotechnology, Molecular Parasitology, Molecular Endocrinology, Tissue Culture Technology, Bioinformatics.
- Bioengineering: Biomaterials, Biomechanics, Bioinstrumentation, Bio- transport Process.
- Civil Engineering: Structures, Water Resources, Geotechnical, Transportation, Image Processing and G.I.S., Disaster Management, Earthquake Engineering, Finite Element Method, Disaster Loss Estimation, Genetic Algorithm and Neural Network Application.
- Chemical Engineering: Energy Integration, Separation Process, Process Control, Environmental Pollution Control, Biomass Gasification. Multiphase Reactors, Evolutionary Computation.
- Chemistry: Theoretical Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Physical, Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Computer Science & Information Systems: Computer Networks, Database Systems, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Multimedia, Computer Control Systems, Computer Architecture, Formal Methods, Information Retrieval.
- Economics and Finance: Macroeconomic Models and Policy, Microeconomic Analysis, Money and Financial Markets, Financial Engineering, Econometric Studies.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Instrumentation and Control, Microelectronics, Signal Processing and Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, Telecommunication, Robotics and Intelligent Systems.
- Humanistic Studies: Gender Issues, Medical Sociology, Developmental Sociology, Indology, Indian Philosophy, Governance, Business Ethics, Conflict Management.
- Languages: Professional Communication, ELT, Indian Writing in English
- Mathematics: Pure and Applied Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics, Modeling Theory, Statistics.
- Mechanical Engineering: Manufacturing Systems/Manufacturing Excellence, Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Materials Engineering, Energy Management, Renewable Energy, Facture Studies.
- Management: International Trade & Balance of Payment, Project Appraisal and Policy Formulation, Financial Management, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Marketing, Technology Management, Total Quality Management.
- Pharmacy: Drug Design, Screening, Drug Delivery Systems, Phytochemistry and Natural Drugs.
- Physics: Theoretical Physics, Semiconductor Device Physics, Materials Science.
- Educational Innovation and Institutional Development
Admission to Ph.D. Programmes:-
Eligibilty Criteria for all Programmes- The minimum qualification is a formal high degree namley M.E./M.E. (Coll.)/ M.Phil./ M.Phil.(Applied)/ M.Pharm./M.S. of BITS or an equivalent degree from a recognized university.
Candidates without the following qualification but possesing relevant professional work experience that measures to qualification are eligible for applying.
A 'Ph.D. Aspirant' can seek permission to appear in Ph.D. Qualifying Examination before the formalities of admission to Ph.D. programme are completed.
All 'Ph.D. Aspirants' after passing the Qualifying Examination shall seek formal admission to the Ph.D. programme at the earliest opportunity available to them and register for the Ph.D. course.
Provisional Admission for BITS Pilani PhD programmes would be offered to
- A fresh graduate with only a first degree or a dual degree of BITS or its equivalent
- A candidate between the first degree and higher degree of BITS or its equivalent.
- A candidate holding a formal higher degree.
Candidates not eligible to become 'Ph.D. Aspirants' may seek direct admission to the Ph.D. programme which shall be provisional in the first instance. The admission will be formalised only after the student passes the ‘Qualifying Examination’. All candidates admitted as 'Ph.D. Provisionals' may have to do courses of a higher degree of BITS before they can appear in the Qualifying Examination. Higher degree courses offered through distance learning programmes of the Institute can also form a valid package.
BITS Pilani Phd Fee
BITS Pilani PhD result