Welcome to PhD in Biotechnology Section. Here you will find PhD in Biotechnology in India Admission 2013-14, Eligibility and Selection Procedure.
PhD in Biotechnology:-
PhD in Biotechnology Pune University:-
Ph. D. program in Bioinformatics and Biotechnology is available at Pune University.
Applicants with an M. Sc. degree are eligible for admission to these Ph.D. programs. The NET/SET JRF qualification is desirable but not currently a compulsory condition. The duration of JRF positions is of two years and that of SRF positions is three years. The fellowships are awarded from the Institutional funds as per the UGC scale. Please refer to the profile of faculty members, the research projects details and list of publications for the areas in which the Ph.D. programs are available.
PhD in Biotechnology Amrita University:-
Eligibility for both doctoral programmes: Post Graduation in any discipline of Science, or Graduation or Post Graduation in Engineering or Medicine.
Background in Biology is preferred. Candidate must have qualified the CSIR/UGC NET for JRF.
PhD in Biotechnology JNTU Hyderabad:-
JNTU Hyderabad offers Ph.D in Microbial Biodiversity, Animal Cell Technology, Microbial Enzymes/ Products, Plant Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology and allied fields.
Admissions will be made to full time/external Ph.D./M.Phil./M.S. Research Programmes offered by the J.N.T. University Hyderabad in the following faculties.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology Ph.D. Program
Minimum Eligibility for Candidates
- Post graduation in Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences or graduation in medicine.
- Applicants must have a consistent first class academic track record (no less than 60% aggregates) and a valid research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR and DBT.
- Candidates with other fellowships are advised to contact the Dean to confirm eligibility.
- Those awaiting final exam results can also apply subject to the fact that certificates are issued at the time of selection interview.
Selection Procedure (Key Steps)
- Students selected will be called for a personal interview and faculty interaction.
- The interview will last for a period of five days.
- There will be a personal interview by committee where the candidates will be evaluated on subject specialization.
- Each member of the selection committee will make his or her own evaluation.
- Personal discussion will be held.
- Students can opt for one to one discussion
- To finalise the selection, both the faculty and student have to sign a selection form.
- Once this selection has been made and documented, neither the student nor the faculty would be permitted to change their option.