Welcome to PhD in Life Sceince Section. Here you will find PhD in Life Sciences in India Admission 2013-14 Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure.
Following is an admission guide for aspirants wishing to pursue PhD in Life Sciences across top universities and colleges in India.
PhD in Life Sciences from IGNOU:-
- Minimum Duration: 2 Years
- Maximum Duration: 5 Years
- Course Fee: Rs. 7,000
- Minimum Age: No bar
- Maximum Age: No bar
Eligibility:-An MPhil or an MSc degree in Life Science or related area from a university or a recognised institution of higher learning. The admission is based on an entrance test and an interview.
The following categories of students are exempted from the entrance test .
- Those who have cleared NET (conducted by UGC/ CSIR) or GATE any other test conducted at the national level.
- M.Phil degree holders
- Applicants with 5 years of relevant teaching/research experience.
Students have to complete the course work worth 32 credits before registering for this Ph.D. programme. Those with an M Phil degree are exempted from the course work. Students with an MPhil degree are required to present a PhD proposal which will be approved by the Doctoral Committee. They will be registered for the PhD Programme only if the proposal is approved by the Doctoral Committee.
IGNOU Ph.D Admission 2014
CDRI PhD in Life Sciences
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Life sciences/Biotechnology/Chemical Sciences.
- Applicants should have qualified in CSIR-UGC-NET, ICMR, DBT examinations for Junior Research Fellowship.
- GPAT qualified second year, 3rd Semester students pursuing M.S. (Pharm) or M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutics/ Pharmaceutical Technology/Pharmacology/Pharmaco-Toxicology disciplines only may apply for GATE-JRF positions tenable at CDRI from July onwards after the completion of post graduation.
- All the applications are screened by a committee.
- Candidates who are found suitable are called for written examination/interview/counseling at CDRI, Lucknow to be held on scheduled dates which are duly intimated to the selected applicants.
- The committee sets up criteria for short listing the candidates.
- No TA is paid by CDRI
- Candidates have to make their own arrangements for 2-3 days stay at Lucknow.
- The number of students to be selected will depend on the vacancies available with scientists at CDRI.
How to apply?
Advertisement of Admission process and schedule of application submission etc. are advertised on official website twice a year (May and Sept).