Welcome to PhD in Pune University Section. Here you will find PhD in Pune University Admission 2022 Entrance Exam for Management, Computer Science and Economics.
PhD in Pune University:-
Pune University offers Ph.D Programs in Arts, Fine Arts and Performing Arts, Management, Medicine, Physical Education, Ayurveda, Pharmaceuticals, Law, Commerce, Science.
1. For admission to any of the following Ph.D. programmes a candidates must fulfill the following eligibilty criteria:
a: Should have cleared a Post Graduate Degree examination with at least 50% marks or with an equivalent grade as awarded by the university. The cases of persons having less than 50% marks at Post Graduate Degree Examination shall be referred to R & R committee for consideration. The registration of such persons shall be confirmed on the recommendations of the R. & R. Committee.
b: Persons working in national laboratories-institutes/ government /private organization nominated/ sponsored by the respective employer. These persons should be holding rank of the Asstt. Director/ or above
c: In professional faculties like Ayurveda, Medicine, Law, Homeopathy etc. persons with a graduate Degree and with 15 years of professional experience would be considered.
2. Fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) and Institute of Cost and Works Accountants (ICWAI) shall be held eligible for registration for Ph.D. in the subject in the Board of Studies in Accountancy and Actuarial Science in the Faculty of Commerce provided that they possess a Bachelor’s Degree of a statutory university.
3. A Graduate in Engineering who has developed important new techniques [new for the country] or designed and fabricated special instruments or apparatus which are deemed by competent judges to be a valuable contribution to engineering may be permitted by the B.U.T.R. in Engineering on the recommendation of the appropriate Board or Boards of Studies to submit his thesis for the Ph.D. Degree in that faculty. Such a candidate must have at least five years’ standing as a Bachelor of Engineering.
Above-mentioned rules will be applicable to the foreign students who have obtained the Master’s Degree from the statutory Indian Universities.
2. Application for research in inter-disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a faculty or subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed to be done and from the international students [ those who have not obtained the degree from Indian Universities] shall be considered on the basis of proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research.
Such proposal shall be examined by the Guide and the Head, Place of Research before giving provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed after the R & R Committee/s concerned approves the topic.
II. Admission and Registration:-
1. Applicant seeking admission for Ph.D programmme should first apply to the Registrar in the application format and by paying the application fee.
2.The applicant should submit along with the application eight copies of his/her Ph.D. proposal as per the guidelines. [Appendix ‘B’] to the place of research.
3.On ascertaining the eligibility of the applicant and on the recommendation of the guide, the Head of the place of research shall provisionally admit[Appendix ‘C’] the student. Admission will be confirmed [Appendix ‘D’] after the R&R Committee approves the topic.
4 The applicant is required to make a brief presentation at the place of research before a committe consisting of Research guide, Chairperson and two recognized research guides in the particular specialization. The presentation will be arranged by the Head on the suggestion of the research guide.
5.The presentation report shall be sent to the R&R Committee within one month from the date of presentation. In case of any dispute or disparity the Dean of the concerned faculty will take appropriate steps in the matter.
6. The presentation should be arranged atleast six month before provisional admission.
7. The R&R Committee shall approve the selection of the topic and appoint, in case of inter-disciplinary subjects, co-guide/s recognized by this or, in special circumstances, by any other recognized university.
8. If the presentation is unsatisfactory, the proposal shall be rejected and the applicant shall be required to submit a fresh proposal and make a presentation again.
9. The date of provisional admission shall be the date of registration which shall be valid for five years. Extension up to a maximum period of two years shall be given by the R&R Committee/s concerned only if considerable work has been done by the candidate. The candidate concerned must submit the application for extension through his guide and the Head, place of research before the expiry of the registration period.
10. If the candidate desires, he/she can partially modify the title and the proposed plan of the research, the Dean/s concerned shall approve such changes on the recommendation of the guide and the Head of the place of research.
11. As per the provision in Ordinance No. 116, no candidate shall be allowed to simultaneously register for Ph. D. and any other degree course.