Welcome to Scholarships for MBA Students in India Section. MBA scholarship, grant or bursaries are some of the options that may be available to help you finance your MBA. Scholarships for MBA Students are available from numerous sources and the eligibility criteria vary depending upon the source. Here you will find List of Scholarships for MBA Students 2016 in India.
List of Scholarships for MBA Students in India :-
NTPC Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Challenged Students Pursing full time MBA/PGDBM Course
All students belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Challenged categories pursuing 2 years full time MBA/PGDBM with specialization in Human Resource Management / Finance Management from specified institutions shall be eligible to apply for the NTPC Scholarships.
SCHOLARSHIP: NUMBER, AMOUNT, DURATION AND COMMENCEMENT.
From the academic year 2003-04, it has been decided to award a total of 15 scholarships to eligible students as under:
- Scholarship for SC students : 5
- Scholarship for ST students : 5
- Scholarship for Physically Challenged students : 5
1 Physically Challenged students primarily of Ortho, Hearing and Visually challenged categories will be considered. However disability may be exchanged / substituted in case students from any particular disability is not available.
2 The no. of scholarships may be reviewed by NTPC Management from time to time.
The amount of scholarship shall be Rs.1500/- per month per student for a maximum period of 2 years.
The Scholarship Scheme shall commence for eligible students pursuing their second year studies in the academic year 2010-11.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE SCHEME
- Nodal Agency: Corporate Welfare Group (NTPC) shall be the nodal agency for administering the scheme.
- Corporate Welfare Group shall intimate details of the Scheme to the Head of Institutions requesting to forward two applications in each category i.e. SC/ST/PC.
- Head of Institution may notify the Scheme appropriately among the eligible candidates including displaying on notice boards.
- Head of Institution shall invite applications from eligible students pursuing studies in the academic year 2008-09 who have completed their 2nd semester / 1st year examination and whose results have been declared.
- Eligible candidates may apply to the Head of Institution in the form enclosed at Annexure C accompanied by the following documents:
- Caste certificate in respect of . SC /ST students from prescribed Authority, in the prescribed format of Certificate. A list of authorities empowered to issue SC/ST Certificate is enclosed (Annexure-D).
- Disability certificate in respect of Physically Challenged students issued by a medical board constituted by the Central / State govt. or the civil surgeon of a district hospital or medical superintendent of a Govt. hospital, indicating clearly the percentage disability. The students having disability more than 40% shall be eligible for this scholarship.
- Character Certificate from Head of Institution.
- Certificate of % of marks obtained in the 1st & 2nd semester / 1st year examination duly attested by the Head of Institution. The base cut-off score shall be kept at 60% for eligibility.
- It will be the responsibility of Institution to verify the Caste / Disability Certificate.
Process of selection of candidates by Corporate Welfare Group:
- Based on the applications received above, selection will be made by NTPC on the basis of performance of eligible candidates in the first & second semester / first year examination and any other criteria that may be decided by NTPC. Institutions, which do not offer percentage of marks, may be asked to furnish percentage equivalence.
- Concerned Head of Institution shall be intimated by Corporate Welfare Group regarding the selected students along with cheques for payment to be handed over by concerned Head of Institution to the selected students.
- Scholarship for the previous period (from month of admission to the month of announcement of the scholarship) shall be paid to the candidates in one lump sum. For subsequent months, scholarship shall be paid @ Rs.1500/- pm per student till the end of the course through post dated cheques. The institution will
- disburse the cheque at the beginning of each month to the student, till the end of academic session.
The NTPC Scholarship will be subject to continuous satisfactory performance and good conduct of the student during the course. Awardees of scholarship who fail to pass the subsequent semester and/or annual examination in the first attempt, and on indulging in any activity amounting to misconduct as per the rules and regulations of Institution shall be disqualified from continuance of receipt of the scholarship.
- That the candidate has availed Scholarship from NTPC for the duration of the course will not entail upon NTPC any liability for his /her employment.
- Students in receipt of NTPC Scholarship will not be entitled to avail of any other scholarship / financial aid / stipend from NTPC or any other source whatsoever.
- The decision of the Company with regard to award of scholarship, continuance and / or discontinuance, as the case may be, shall be final and binding.
- NTPC reserves the right to alter, modify or withdraw the scheme at any point of time as considered necessary.
Bharti Scholarship and Mentorship Program:-
The Bharti Scholarship and Mentorship Program was instituted in the year 2006-07 to enable academically bright youth from financially weak families to complete their higher education. Currently the program supports 232 scholars across the country and covers courses in management, engineering and agriculture.
Mentorship is an integral component of the Bharti Scholarship Program. Involving senior executives from the Bharti Group of Companies, the Mentorship Program looks at providing each scholar with a mentor who can help make the right career choices, provide them with relevant exposure and guide them in decisions which will shape their future. Today, 105 senior executives from Bharti Group of Companies are involved in the mentoring program.
Aditya Birla Group Scholarship:-
The Aditya Birla Group Scholarship covers the academic fees as well as the hostel fees for the duration of the course, commencing with the academic session of the first year.
- The value of the scholarship for various institutions is as under:
- IIM: Rs 1,75,000 per annum
- IIT / BITS (Pilani): Rs 65,000 per annum
- Since the scholarship covers the entire course, scholars are entitled to a refund of any amounts they may have paid to their institute, prior to the commencement of the scholarship.
The scholarship funds are administered by the dean/director of the institution. All funds are sent directly to them for appropriate disbursal.
The performance of the scholars is monitored closely for renewal of the award every year.
Performance assessment criteria for the renewal of the scholarship
The Aditya Birla Scholars are assessed regularly on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge their performance on the academic and leadership front. This assessment forms the basis for determining the continuation of the scholarship for the next academic session.
For the IIMs, the assessment is done once in a one-year time frame.
For the IITs and for BITS (Pilani), the assessment is done thrice in a three-year time frame.
- Scholastic standards: The scholar must be in the top 25 per cent of students in his/her batch
- Work done by the scholar during the course of the programme: At least 60 per cent of the assignments must have a rating of at least 7 on a 9-point scale
- Practical work-related experiences of the scholar: Summer project must have a rating of at least 7 on a 9-point scale
- Participation in campus activities: Active participation in a minimum of two forums on campus
- Learning: Scholar has to write a 350-word essay on "Being an Aditya Birla scholar: experience sharing"
NB: The documents for the performance measurement have to be submitted by the scholar and certified by the academic dean at the institute. The assessment will be based on overall performance in all areas. No single factor will be a major determinant.
How to apply
Eligible students are required to fill the application form and submit it at the given address. Forms are available only through the institution.
- The following process is followed in selecting the scholars:
- The 80 students from the IIMs and the 120 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) who meet the eligibility criteria are evaluated on the basis of the information they provide in their application form.
- The students' overall achievements, spanning academic and co-curricular excellence, are weighted and assessed. Those selected for the next round are asked to write an essay.
- Essays written by these students are evaluated by a panel of judges and, based on their performance, candidates are shortlisted for the final round.
- Those shortlisted are invited for an interview.
- The 10 best engineering and the 10 best management students become Aditya Birla Scholars.
The interviews are conducted by an eminent panel of business luminaries and academicians in Mumbai. Invited candidates are given an allowance to cover expenses on travel and accommodation.
NB: Students invited for the interview must make sure they bring all documents such as academic certificates, mark sheets, etc., along with photocopies of the originals, to the venue.
Samsung Global Scholarship Program (GSP)
Samsung Electronics in association with the Sung Kyun Kwan University announces the “Global Scholarship Program – 2009”
Samsung Electronics announce the aid for the ambitious Graduates & Undergraduates to pursue Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the prestigious Sung Kyun Kwan University, South Korea- an affiliate to the MIT Sloan School of Management and an opportunity to be the part of the Samsung Electronics Global Family.
A Brief Overview:
- Samsung Electronics has a unique scholarship program leading to a MBA degree from the prestigious SKK University (http://gsb.skku.edu ), Korea.
- This is a 1.5-year full time residential program based out of the University in Seoul, Korea.
- Selected applicants are Fully Sponsored by Samsung Electronics to take up further studies; further more Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. will employ them upon graduation.
- After Completion of this course, the Minimum Service Bond shall be 4 years with Samsung Electronics. [1~2 Years in S.E.C. (HQ) Korea & further 2~3 years in South West Asia regional Headquarter, New Delhi (India)].
- The University has a tie up with MIT Sloan School of management to provide international Exposure in terms of curriculum. The faculty members are specially trained by Sloan School of management. Visiting faculty from Sloan School of Management is an added feature.
1. All tuition expenses are covered by Samsung
2. Monthly living allowance (approximately USD 800 per month)
3. Dormitory support for living
4. Two round-trip plane tickets between his or her mother country and Korea during the course (once a year)
5. Medical insurance for students
6. Summer Internship at Samsung.
1.Opportunity to be apart of Samsung Global Family.
2.Strong leadership and high academic standards
3.Samsung commitment to the GSP - Program
4.All courses are taught in English
5.Curriculum combining academic depth and managerial relevance
6.Strategic alliance with the MIT Sloan School of Management
Details of the GSP-SKK Program:
The Samsung Group places special emphasis on the employment of specialists holding
MBA degrees from topnotch Baltic universities majoring in various areas of business
administration and it also offers a unique Sponsored MBA Program: GSP-SKK Program
for talented youth willing to broaden their horizons, deepen their knowledge, and join
the Samsung in the future. The Samsung GSB is a business school newly founded in the strategic alliance with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management.
- Applicant should be a Citizen of India
- Applicant should be among the top 10 % of the Class graduating from a premier institute.
- Applicant with the Bachelor Degree in the field of Commerce/Humanities/
For Undergraduates: Must be in their Final year and complete their graduation by May ~ June.
For Graduates: Bachelors with 0 - 2 years of work experience in the field of marketing & related areas. Even Applicant with experience in related field from Engineering Background can also apply for the Program.
Conditions of the Program:-
1. Upon completion of studies, the scholarship recipient is required to work at SEC (in Korea) for 1 year and 3 more years at the Samsung (RHQ) in the Home Country.
2. After 4 years of employment at Samsung, he or she may continue to work at Samsung upon mutual agreement between him or her and SEC.